CopperBeech Associates uses its expertise in the application of personality type theory, through the Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®), to support the professional development goals of a school’s, or district’s, staff and students. Capabilities include:
- Teachers – gain a deeper understanding of type theory and learning styles and how to apply this understanding to create more effective lesson plans
- Guidance Staff – help students develop a deeper level of self-awareness through the MBTI® and show them how their personality preferences can guide their college and career choices (For schools currently using Naviance by Hobsons career tools, this takes student’s learning to a deeper level)
- Administrators – increase team and management effectiveness through the MBTI® helping your staff work more effectively together to meet the goals of your school and district
- Students - achieve a deeper level of self-awareness through the MBTI® and learn how to use these personality preference insights to guide college and career choices
We offer workshops, tailored to the specific needs of your school or district:
Learning Styles I (using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®)
“The evaluations of your workshop (Learning Styles I) were fantastic! A number of people said it was their best PD (Professional Development) experience ever! Terrific job! Thanks a million.”
Charles E. Gobron,
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Northborough-Southborough Regional School District
“I thought this was an excellent workshop, the best I have ever attended. (The) material is interesting on both a personal and professional level. Let’s have part II !!!!!”
Elementary School Teacher Review
- The foundation of this workshop is the Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®), a personality assessment tool, based on C.G. Jung’s theories on personality. The MBTI® is one of the world’s most effective and widely used instruments for indicating personality styles and preferences (translated into 16 languages) and is used extensively in both the academic and business environments.
- At each stage of the workshop, particular emphasis will be placed on how learning styles, and our approach to teaching, might be influenced by our preferences on the four scales of the MBTI®. Exercises include the application of the MBTI® based learning styles to lesson planning.
- 5 hour workshop (or two, 2.5 hour sessions) for 12-24 participants; if paired with Learning Styles II the combined workshop is 10 hours – eligible for Professional Development Points.
Learning Styles II
“Very applicable…” “Very helpful in dealing with children in the classroom…” “(The workshop) addressed specific classroom applications…” “Excellent and interesting class with practical applications…”
- This workshop revisits MBTI® theory, building on the foundation of Learning Styles I. Participants will apply their learning from the two workshops in building lesson plans to accommodate the primary learning styles derived from MBTI® theory. Participants will leave with practical guidelines for use in their classrooms on an ongoing basis.
- 5 hour workshop (or two, 2.5 hour sessions) for 12-24 participants; Learning Styles I is a prerequisite. Both workshops combined are 10 hours – eligible for Professional Development Points.
College and Career Planning for High School Students (and Guidance Professionals)
“…it helped me see myself in different ways and understand why I act how I do.” “…it is very worthwhile to do for people preparing for college.” “It’s pretty creepy how real some of this was.”
High School Student Reviews
- The foundation of this workshop is the Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®), a personality assessment tool, used by many school systems, colleges, and universities to aid in college and career planning. (For schools currently using Naviance by Hobsons career tools, this takes student’s learning to a deeper level.) Students will learn their own personality preferences and how they apply to learning styles, choosing courses, majors and careers, student tasks (writing, studying, and test taking), social interaction, and dealing with stress!
- This is a critical prerequisite for the college selection process giving student participants the advantage of strong, practical self-understanding that they can apply to their choice in colleges, fields of study, preferred study habits, and future career. (5 hour workshop (or two, 2.5 hour sessions) for 12-24 participants.)
Increasing Work Group Effectiveness (using the MBTI®)
- Turn your work group into a high performing team using the world’s leading personality type indicator to increase team member’s communication skills and decision making abilities. Participants will learn practical, sustainable techniques for increasing their effectiveness at work. And, as an added benefit, due to the unique learning experience provided by the MBTI®, this workshop builds trust and understanding among team members, further enhancing their effectiveness as a work group.
- Each participant will learn their MBTI® preferences and practical guidelines for maximizing their effectiveness when working with others, either singly or in groups. Administrators will receive special guidelines/exercises for continuing the learning for themselves and their staff – through special techniques for meetings and normal work group interactions. (5 hour workshop (or two, 2.5 hour sessions) for 12-24 participants.)
CopperBeech Associates also provides contact center/customer experience and business consulting services in the following areas:
- “Best Practices” Operational Assessments
- Strategic Planning (People, Processes, and Systems)
- Organizational Development and Change Management